Do you notice your Mac getting sluggish right around midnight? Chances are you've got Remote Admin turned on, and it's the build_hd_index process that's kicking into gear. Apple's tech note gives you the details on disabling it -- but be sure to talk to your system admin if you're in a business or education setting.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter