Rumor: New Mac Pros and Mac minis in August, CNet says
CNet's Brian Tong announced via Twitter that Apple is preparing to debut new Mac Pros and Mac minis in August. Tong added that both models are expected to have Thunderbolt and Sandy Bridge processors, urging people to wait before buying new machines.
As MacRumors points out, Tong was spot on when he said new iMacs would arrive around the first week of May. Considering he is drawing upon the same sources, and current stocks of Mac Pros and Mac minis are being depleted, we're willing to place our bets in his corner as well. A Mac Pro and Mac mini refresh, along with expected updates to the MacBook Air and AirPort/Time Capsule product lines, would make a very nice back-to-school press event in August.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter