Best Buy to match Apple's $100 Back to School promo
If you were waiting for Apple's annual Back to School promotion to pick up a free iPod to go along with your new Mac, you're probably not very happy with this year's deal -- Apple isn't giving away iPods. Instead, you get a $100 gift card that you can spend in the Mac App Store, iTunes Store, App Store or the iBookstore. For those of you who would rather buy more hardware, head on over to Best Buy, because they're matching Apple's promo with a $100 Best Buy gift card.
To qualify for both the Apple and Best Buy promotions, you need to be a college student, a student accepted to college, a parent buying a computer for a college student, or faculty or staff at any grade level. Your purchase of a MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac or Mac Pro will get that $100 gift card into your hand so that you can spend it on electronic goodies.
Best Buy isn't advertising this promotion, so you must ask your sales rep about it to start the ball rolling.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options