No Comment: Windows Phone Dictionary app icon seems eerily familiar
Who really thinks about designing a dictionary icon? They all look alike, after all, so what would be the point of creating a brand new one for your Windows Phone third-party app? Better just to pick up the one everyone likes so well and use that.
Yes, as Craig Hockenberry pointed out this morning, the Windows Phone Featured Apps page is sporting a Dictionary app icon (for what appears to be a third-party app, not a Microsoft published app) that is a pixel-for-pixel copy of the Mac OS X Dictionary icon. Who remembers 'Redmond, start your photocopiers' from WWDC in 2006? For something like this (no doubt unauthorized by Microsoft, but still hilarious), we've got to award it a solid No Comment.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter