Video App Demo: Meeting Spot
We spoke to Nilay Patel of Selligy at WWDC, and he was kind enough to show us Meeting Spot, an app for visitors in San Francisco attending events near Moscone Center. Selligy's backend technology sounds promising, as it goes beyond mere location-based data or simple keyword matches, and tries to bring you better information. In essence, they want you to get recommendations as though you had a resident there telling you all the cool, somewhat hidden places to check out. In practice the app worked reasonably well, perhaps better than Urbanspoon but not as thorough as Yelp (although you can see Yelp pages for venues). We're looking forward to seeing Selligy's tech expand beyond niche apps like this one. Check out the demo below.
Selligy's app Meeting Spot aims to help you find great venues around a location.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support