TUAW Talkcast tonight: 7 PM PDT / 10 PM EDT
The proprietress of the House of Crackpot Theories is haunting Disneyland this weekend and Mike Rose is off at summer camp, so tonight's Talkcast is just all of you and me. There are some fun topics to
argue about discuss, including the lack of enterprise-grade hard drives in the new Time Capsules, a surge in Mac laptop production, Skype for the iPad, more news about iCloud, the release of the last version of Snow Leopard, and the controversy surrounding iMovie Pro Final Cut Pro X.
There won't be an aftershow tonight, as I'm old and cranky and need my sleep. And get off of my lawn, you darn kids!
Your calls and questions help make the show the best it can be, otherwise I'm just talking to myself! To participate, you can use the browser-only TalkShoe client, the embedded Facebook app or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for maximum fun, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the TalkShoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 PM EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free Blink or X-Lite SIP clients, basic instructions are here. (If you like Blink, the pro version is available in the Mac App Store.) Skype users with SkypeOut credit can call the main TalkShoe number. Talk to you tonight!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update