Duke Nukem Forever coming to the Mac
Aspyr Media has posted on its blog that it will be bringing the long-awaited Duke Nukem sequel, titled Duke Nukem Forever, to the Mac. Known for its legendary development period, the game finally arrived on PC and consoles recently, and unfortunately, it didn't turn out very well, earning generally mediocre reviews across the board (not too surprising for a game with far too many cooks in a pot that's been sitting out for years). Still, this is basically a museum piece for how not to do game development, so it's only right that we see it get ported to the Mac after the fact, right?
Aspyr's version will be out in August, and it's offering a 10% discount on pre-orders right now. I can't promise it'll be any good, but if you want to at least see what the final version of Duke Nukem Forever looks like running on your Mac, there you go.
There's still no word of any version of the game coming to iOS -- we had spotted the App Store mentioned in that legal agreement a while back, but for all we know, that could just have been for the soundboard, which was released recently. After the reviews on DNF, it's hard to think the Duke franchise will recover, but you never know -- if some enterprising developer wants to make a top-down dual-stick Duke shooter for Apple's mobile devices, we can't say we'd be adverse to the prospect.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration