Apple offers $49 Thunderbolt cable, $1500 RAID array
Apple has released a US$49 Thunderbolt cable, following yesterday's Thunderbolt firmware update. The cable lets you connect Thunderbolt-capable peripherals to your MacBook Pro or iMac, use target disk mode between two compatible Macs or use an iMac as a display with a Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pro.
Those with compatible Macs will want to pick this up and start transferring data ... to other compatible Macs. If, however, you've got a cool grand or two burning a hole in your equipment budget, the Apple Store is also now shipping Promise's Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt RAID system. The tower unit offers 6 TB of fast storage for $1,499 or a 12 TB option for $1,999.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements