Apple offers $49 Thunderbolt cable, $1500 RAID array
Apple has released a US$49 Thunderbolt cable, following yesterday's Thunderbolt firmware update. The cable lets you connect Thunderbolt-capable peripherals to your MacBook Pro or iMac, use target disk mode between two compatible Macs or use an iMac as a display with a Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pro.
Those with compatible Macs will want to pick this up and start transferring data ... to other compatible Macs. If, however, you've got a cool grand or two burning a hole in your equipment budget, the Apple Store is also now shipping Promise's Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt RAID system. The tower unit offers 6 TB of fast storage for $1,499 or a 12 TB option for $1,999.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV