Apple offers $49 Thunderbolt cable, $1500 RAID array
Apple has released a US$49 Thunderbolt cable, following yesterday's Thunderbolt firmware update. The cable lets you connect Thunderbolt-capable peripherals to your MacBook Pro or iMac, use target disk mode between two compatible Macs or use an iMac as a display with a Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pro.
Those with compatible Macs will want to pick this up and start transferring data ... to other compatible Macs. If, however, you've got a cool grand or two burning a hole in your equipment budget, the Apple Store is also now shipping Promise's Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt RAID system. The tower unit offers 6 TB of fast storage for $1,499 or a 12 TB option for $1,999.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration