Dear Aunt TUAW: Help convert my iDevice into a graphics tablet
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I am looking for an iPad app that allows it to function as a graphics tablet, similar to something like a Wacom tablet. I have not found anything; are you aware of something that would fill this need?
Your loving nephew,
As Auntie recently told another nephew, when it comes to the iPad, it's simply not a very good graphics tablet option. The iPad doesn't provide pinpoint entry, even with third-party styluses.
It doesn't handle pressure, sensitivity and angle detection. That's not saying that people don't create art on the iPad, they do -- it's just not up to Wacom standards.
There are any number of third-party apps that allow you to use your iPad as an external touch entry controller for your Mac or Windows PC computer, but these won't replace a Wacom -- at least any time soon.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
Dear Aunt TUAW, I am looking for an iPad app that allows it to function as a graphics tablet, similar to something like a Wacom...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time