Dear Aunt TUAW: Help convert my iDevice into a graphics tablet
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I am looking for an iPad app that allows it to function as a graphics tablet, similar to something like a Wacom tablet. I have not found anything; are you aware of something that would fill this need?
Your loving nephew,
As Auntie recently told another nephew, when it comes to the iPad, it's simply not a very good graphics tablet option. The iPad doesn't provide pinpoint entry, even with third-party styluses.
It doesn't handle pressure, sensitivity and angle detection. That's not saying that people don't create art on the iPad, they do -- it's just not up to Wacom standards.
There are any number of third-party apps that allow you to use your iPad as an external touch entry controller for your Mac or Windows PC computer, but these won't replace a Wacom -- at least any time soon.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update