Dear Aunt TUAW: Help convert my iDevice into a graphics tablet
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I am looking for an iPad app that allows it to function as a graphics tablet, similar to something like a Wacom tablet. I have not found anything; are you aware of something that would fill this need?
Your loving nephew,
As Auntie recently told another nephew, when it comes to the iPad, it's simply not a very good graphics tablet option. The iPad doesn't provide pinpoint entry, even with third-party styluses.
It doesn't handle pressure, sensitivity and angle detection. That's not saying that people don't create art on the iPad, they do -- it's just not up to Wacom standards.
There are any number of third-party apps that allow you to use your iPad as an external touch entry controller for your Mac or Windows PC computer, but these won't replace a Wacom -- at least any time soon.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service