Mariner Software celebrates 21st anniversary, gives you 50% off desktop products
Minneapolis-based Mariner Software is celebrating its 21st anniversary in the software business, and is offering customers 50% off on all desktop software products for a limited time as an anniversary "present."
Mariner has been a fixture in the Mac OS software world, particularly with creative writing apps like StoryMill, Contour (a script development app), and Montage (for writing screenplays). They also branched into the productivity market with the Mariner Calc spreadsheet app and Mariner Write word processor, and also have gained success with Paperless (digital document management) and MacGourmet Deluxe (recipe management). One of the first Mariner apps I used was MacJournal, which is a wonderful piece of software for keeping a personal life journal.
Although they won't be part of the anniversary discount, Mariner has some mobile offspring these days, including versions of MacJournal and Mariner Calc for iPhone and iPad.
The anniversary celebration goes on through midnight (CDT) July 6th, and is only for non-upgrade versions of the desktop applications purchased through the Mariner eStore -- those Mariner apps that are in the Mac App Store are not eligible for the disount. To get the 50% discount, just use the promo code HB21 when checking out.
From all of us here at TUAW to the folks at Mariner Software, a very happy anniversary!
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time