Apple to close, revamp SoHo Apple store
We knew back in March that Apple had plans to expand and renovate its SoHo store in NYC. Now, we have some more details on the planned changes. According to ifoAppleStore.com, the SoHo store will close in the next three months and will remain closed for an unknown amount of time. It's an exciting time for Apple fans in NYC as the iconic glass cube outside its Fifth Avenue store is getting a facelift at the same time.
Apple will expand its SoHo store and take over the rear ground floor of the building. This part of the building has been vacant since the U.S. Postal Service left in 2009. The first floor and the new rear section will be renovated, while the upper level and glass staircase will remain untouched. The location is a Heritage structure, but, thankfully, Apple's changes meet the criteria set by the city's Landmarks Preservation Commission.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration