Dev Juice: Help me create a hidden logo
Dear Dev Juice,
How do you implement that slightly egotistical Apple logo hidden in iBooks.app if you drag the bookshelf down from the top?
Ah. You speak of the hidden drag-to-reveal logo. Actually, that's super-easy to do. Just remember that you can add subviews to scroll views and place them in that magic elastic zone at the top.
Take tables for example. Lots of devs now add "pull-to-refresh" feature to the top, similar to Apple's logo. As with the scrollview, make sure to set the origin above the normal start, i.e. use negative numbers of at least the size of whatever view you add.
Here's the basic approach. Adapt it as needed.
// Add the "Pull to Refresh" above the table.
// Ensure bounces and alwaysBounceVertical are enabled.
UIView *pullView = [[[NSBundle mainBundle]
owner:self options:nil] lastObject];
pullView.frame = CGRectOffset(pullView.frame, 0.0f,
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter