Apple's back-to-school promo reportedly beating Microsoft 8 to 2
According to a report from Global Equities Research, more incoming college students are picking up an Apple computer than a Windows computer this year. Apple is not just edging out Microsoft either; Macs are beating out Windows machines at an impressive rate of 8 to 2.
About 80% of incoming students will rock a Mac and an increasing number of current students are ditching their Windows machines in favor of an Apple-branded product. iPads are also a hot product among senior students, says the Global Equities Research report. The research also suggests many students are taking advantage of Apple's Back to School $100 gift card promo. What are they doing with extra windfall of iTunes cash? Buying songs, of course.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync