iPhoto, GarageBand & iMovie updated in Mac App Store (Updated)
A brief moment of confusion overtook us this morning as we got reports of new versions of GarageBand (6.0.4), iMovie (9.0.4) and iPhoto (9.1.5), with minor bug fixes plus tweaks to iMovie's ability to import projects from the iOS editions of the app.
When several of us fired up Software Update to grab the new builds, the updates were nowhere to be seen -- yet our tipster was insistent that the new updates were there. Our friends at MacUpdate also had them listed... and that's where we figured out the mystery. So far, only the Mac App Store versions of the apps have been revised; the conventionally-installed iLife versions have not yet been released.
While we're sure the 'classic' updates will be forthcoming momentarily, this split-update did give us a moment's pause. As far as we can recall, this is the first time any of Apple's products have been available in newer versions on the MAS than via Software Update. Times, they are a-changin'.
Update: iMovie, GarageBand, and iPhoto updates are now showing up in Software Update.
Update 2: iWeb 3.0.4 and iDVD 7.1.2 are also available in Software Update.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free