Jailbreak app iMAME4All adds iCade support
The latest version of iMAME4All, a jailbreak app that lets you play retro arcade games on your iOS device, added support for the iCade desktop arcade cabinet for the iPad. It lets you play any MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) compatible ROM on your iCade and opens it up to a variety of previously unsupported games.
If you don't want to go the jailbreak route, iCade recently released a SDK so any iOS game developer can officially support the gaming cabinet. When it launched earlier this year, the iCade only supported the Atari's Greatest Hits app which has a collection of retro Atari 2600 games. With an SDK and iMAME4All support, the iCade is now a lot more interesting to hard-core gamers with an iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options