Speculation: Apple website hints at iWork update for Lion
While working on a post about OS X Lion's full-screen apps, I stumbled upon something interesting. If you look at the image above, it shows Pages as a full-screen app. There's even a tag line -- "Never miss the fine print with full-screen for Pages." I'm running Pages version 4.0.5 (852) right now, and there hasn't been an update for a while. This version doesn't run in full-screen mode under the Lion GM.
It makes sense that Apple would update Pages, Keynote, and Numbers to take advantage of as many OS X Lion features as possible, and it would be smart for those apps to be updated at the same time or shortly after Lion hits the Mac App Store.
So, as much as we hate rumors and speculation, this is something to think about. It's either a marketing faux pas from Apple, or we're going to see Lion-compatible versions of the iWork apps soon. You can check out the specific page here, and be sure to let us know if you find any other hints (or mistakes) about Lion-happy apps.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client