Dear Aunt TUAW: Help revert scrolling to normal
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I hate Lion's new reverse scrolling feature. I mean I really really really really really really really really really hate it.
Fix it for me and I'll buy you prune juice.
Your loving niece,
Auntie's still new to Lion but Uncle Steve was quick to the rescue. He walked Auntie through the steps so she could relay them to you.
In Lion, you can disable that nasty reverse scrolling both for your mouse and for your trackpad. Head on over to preferences and choose Trackpad > Scroll direction:natural > disable or uncheck Mouse > Move content in the direction of finger movement when scrolling or navigating. Both options return your Mac to its traditional "down-means-down" scrolling behavior.
Although Auntie prefers reverse scrolling for touch screens, Apple's touch-screen Mac line is a little thin on the ground at this time, if you get what she means.
Uncle Steve's Taking Mac OS X Lion to the Max should hit the shelf by Autumn.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs