Dear Aunt TUAW: Help revert scrolling to normal
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I hate Lion's new reverse scrolling feature. I mean I really really really really really really really really really hate it.
Fix it for me and I'll buy you prune juice.
Your loving niece,
Auntie's still new to Lion but Uncle Steve was quick to the rescue. He walked Auntie through the steps so she could relay them to you.
In Lion, you can disable that nasty reverse scrolling both for your mouse and for your trackpad. Head on over to preferences and choose Trackpad > Scroll direction:natural > disable or uncheck Mouse > Move content in the direction of finger movement when scrolling or navigating. Both options return your Mac to its traditional "down-means-down" scrolling behavior.
Although Auntie prefers reverse scrolling for touch screens, Apple's touch-screen Mac line is a little thin on the ground at this time, if you get what she means.
Uncle Steve's Taking Mac OS X Lion to the Max should hit the shelf by Autumn.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs