Apple leases Cupertino office campus for another 1000+ workers
While it waits for its huge mothership office complex to be built, Apple still needs more office space for its expanding employee roll. To that end, the company has leased an office complex in Cupertino that's capable of housing around 1,300 additional workers, according to Mercury News.
The nine building complex is just the latest Cupertino expansion by Apple, and local realty agents are now saying that Apple's demand for office space is starting to exceed local availability, with Cupertino "pretty much out of space" according to one agent.
All of Silicon Valley is in the same boat, with real estate expansions by Google, Facebook, and other tech giants gobbling up office parks as soon as the for sale signs go up in the front window. Once Apple finishes construction of its futuristic, 13,000-employee office park, it'll be interesting to see if the company retains the lease on its new satellite campus.
While it waits for its huge mothership office complex to be built, Apple still needs more office space for its expanding employee roll....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements