How to install Front Row on Lion (Updated)
Update: As several of you have discovered, the latest version of iTunes breaks compatibility with Front Row so that Front Row will no longer see your music. Most unfortunate.
Ralph Perdomo reports that he has ported OS X Front Row to Lion by moving several frameworks and the application itself from his old Snow Leopard install. He wrote up the procedure over on his weblog and has provided an optional installer for anyone who didn't keep a Snow Leopard install around.
Perdomo reports that the re-installed application seems to work well, and he does not seem to have run into conflicts from what I can tell. The frameworks/app in question are:
- /System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app
- /Applications/Front Row.app
TUAW has not had a chance to test this hack out, but we applaud Perdomo for his creativity in the face of OS upgrades.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free