Adobe issues 'Correction regarding hardware acceleration of Flash Player on Mac OS X Lion'
Well it's nice to see Adobe owning up to an error, even if the correction is buried on the Flash blog and issued as a midnight missive (OK, they've amended the tech note as well). Remember when Adobe issued a tech note saying hardware acceleration was disabled in Lion? Apparently Adobe was referring to a pre-release version of Lion, as the currently available version of 10.7 in the Mac App Store does indeed support the very same hardware acceleration provided in 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Those fans you hear spinning faster and faster on your Lion-powered machines are just the same Flash player we've all come to know and love since the turn of the century. If you're looking to limit your exposure, there are several good options.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync