Adobe issues 'Correction regarding hardware acceleration of Flash Player on Mac OS X Lion'
Well it's nice to see Adobe owning up to an error, even if the correction is buried on the Flash blog and issued as a midnight missive (OK, they've amended the tech note as well). Remember when Adobe issued a tech note saying hardware acceleration was disabled in Lion? Apparently Adobe was referring to a pre-release version of Lion, as the currently available version of 10.7 in the Mac App Store does indeed support the very same hardware acceleration provided in 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Those fans you hear spinning faster and faster on your Lion-powered machines are just the same Flash player we've all come to know and love since the turn of the century. If you're looking to limit your exposure, there are several good options.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options