Freeverse discontinues several Mac games following Lion's release
Although more recently famed for its extensive lineup of iOS games, Freeverse has also produced several games for the Mac. Following the release of OS X Lion, however, Freeverse has decided to discontinue several of its older Mac games.
According to Freeverse, "Some of our Mac titles have not gotten the attention that we would have liked to provide them. Rather than leaving our customers with a sub-par experience running certain titles under OS X Lion, and in light of phasing out our GameSmith service later this summer, we've made the hard decision to discontinue the following titles. We will continue to provide support for these titles running on versions of OS X prior to 10.7 Lion."
Discontinued titles include Airburst, Burning Monkey Casino, Burning Monkey Mahjong, Burning Monkey Puzzle Lab, Burning Monkey Solitaire, Enigma, Periscope, Squabble, ToySight, 3D Bridge, 3D Crazy 8s, Euchre Deluxe, Hearts Deluxe, Pitch-Setback, Spades Deluxe, CrossCards, and X-Words Deluxe. The company still offers several Mac games and apps on its site, so at the very least Freeverse is not dropping support for the Mac entirely.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature