Freeverse discontinues several Mac games following Lion's release
Although more recently famed for its extensive lineup of iOS games, Freeverse has also produced several games for the Mac. Following the release of OS X Lion, however, Freeverse has decided to discontinue several of its older Mac games.
According to Freeverse, "Some of our Mac titles have not gotten the attention that we would have liked to provide them. Rather than leaving our customers with a sub-par experience running certain titles under OS X Lion, and in light of phasing out our GameSmith service later this summer, we've made the hard decision to discontinue the following titles. We will continue to provide support for these titles running on versions of OS X prior to 10.7 Lion."
Discontinued titles include Airburst, Burning Monkey Casino, Burning Monkey Mahjong, Burning Monkey Puzzle Lab, Burning Monkey Solitaire, Enigma, Periscope, Squabble, ToySight, 3D Bridge, 3D Crazy 8s, Euchre Deluxe, Hearts Deluxe, Pitch-Setback, Spades Deluxe, CrossCards, and X-Words Deluxe. The company still offers several Mac games and apps on its site, so at the very least Freeverse is not dropping support for the Mac entirely.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client