Lion: Restoring Safari's download list keyboard shortcut
Red Sweater Software founder and über-geek Daniel Jalkut found that the loss of a keyboard shortcut to display or hide the active downloads list in Safari (Command-Option-L) was driving him bonkers -- he wasn't alone, as Erica pointed out the same annoyance. Like a good developer, he figured out a way to bring back the shortcut.
The solution was to use his FastScripts application (Free for up to 10 shortcuts, US$14.95 for unlimited shortcuts) and then develop a "simple UI Scripting script." The script, available here, is placed into the [Home] -> Library -> Scripts -> Applications -> Safari folder, and it appears in FastScripts only when Safari is active.
Now you can toggle the downloads list as much as you want with Command-Option-L. Be sure to send Daniel a thank-you tweet -- he's @danielpunkass on Twitter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free