OS X Lion 10.7.2 seeded to developers
OS X Lion 10.7.2 has been seeded to developers just three days after Lion's public release. Oddly, there has been no developer seed of 10.7.1, which probably means 10.7.1 will be a bug-fix update coming within the next week or two. This wouldn't be the first time Apple shoved a quick update out the door soon after a major OS revision; Mac OS X 10.6.1 was released less than two weeks after Snow Leopard hit retail shelves.
As of this writing the dev center is down with its familiar yellow sticky note, but the seed should be available for download here when it comes back up.
Note: Some users report that the 10.7.2 beta can't be installed if you're running Lion server. Instead, these users are getting an error that their volume doesn't meet the requirements for installation. We have not been able to verify this ourselves yet, but let us know in the comments if you run up against this particular roadblock.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements