OS X Lion 10.7.2 seeded to developers
OS X Lion 10.7.2 has been seeded to developers just three days after Lion's public release. Oddly, there has been no developer seed of 10.7.1, which probably means 10.7.1 will be a bug-fix update coming within the next week or two. This wouldn't be the first time Apple shoved a quick update out the door soon after a major OS revision; Mac OS X 10.6.1 was released less than two weeks after Snow Leopard hit retail shelves.
As of this writing the dev center is down with its familiar yellow sticky note, but the seed should be available for download here when it comes back up.
Note: Some users report that the 10.7.2 beta can't be installed if you're running Lion server. Instead, these users are getting an error that their volume doesn't meet the requirements for installation. We have not been able to verify this ourselves yet, but let us know in the comments if you run up against this particular roadblock.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync