Apple wins iPods.com domain
Apple has won a victory over the owner of the iPods.com domain name. As we reported two months ago, Apple filed a complaint with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) to have the iPods.com domain name transferred from its current owner to its "rightful owner" -- Apple.
Rather than spend a lot of money to purchase the domain name from the existing owner, Apple used the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). The UDRP allows a complainant to request a domain transfer when a domain name is identical or "confusingly similar" to a trademark that they own. In particular, if the respondent to the complaint has no "legitimate interests in respect of the domain name" and the domain name is being "used in bad faith," the complainant (Apple) can request a transfer of the domain name to its rightful owner.
Apple has won a victory over the owner of the iPods.com domain name. As we reported two months ago, Apple filed a complaint with the...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time