Dear Aunt TUAW: Can I use a third-party SSD with Lion?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
Is there any (un)official word from Apple regarding the support for 3rd party SSD HDDs with Lion? I desire to tweak my MBP but do not wish to be without garbage collection and TRIM. What advice have you? Should I hold off on acquiring an SSD?
Auntie is using a 3rd party SSD without any troubles. She downloaded a TRIM enabler from groths.org after reading that the Snow Lion enabler seemed to work under Lion as well.
So far, everything seems be running well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration