Dear Aunt TUAW: Can I use a third-party SSD with Lion?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
Is there any (un)official word from Apple regarding the support for 3rd party SSD HDDs with Lion? I desire to tweak my MBP but do not wish to be without garbage collection and TRIM. What advice have you? Should I hold off on acquiring an SSD?
Auntie is using a 3rd party SSD without any troubles. She downloaded a TRIM enabler from groths.org after reading that the Snow Lion enabler seemed to work under Lion as well.
So far, everything seems be running well.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter