Apple Store now features social sharing
Apparently "net issues" weren't the only reason the Apple Store was down this morning; MacRumors notes that social features have been added to the Mac Pro configuration page, allowing you to share any of the various Mac builds on Twitter or Facebook. I'm not especially convinced that this is absolutely new, but we don't seem to have mentioned it before, so there you go. If you've been itching to tell your social network about the Mac you're planning on buying, Apple's made it easy to do so.
Apple seems to be pretty friendly with the social networks lately, seeing as it's also set to include some major social integration in the upcoming iOS 5 release. And why not? This kind of stuff is easy to implement, and it lets users share and talk about the brand without much effort on Apple's part.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter