Logitech's new clip-on tablet speaker is also a stand
Engadget's Dana Wollman checked out a neat accessory from Logitech, the Logitech Tablet Speaker. It clips onto the back of any tablet and doubles as a stand. It looks bulky, but the review states it's actually quite nice. The speaker delivers decent sound, which is great for when you're watching a movie or listening to music.
However, there appear to be limitations. While the Logitech gallery shows the speaker can be clipped on any side of the iPad, the Engadget review and gallery shows that to use the speaker as a stand, the iPad should be in landscape mode and laying down at the angle normally used for typing. This could be a space issue for some people.
The tablet speaker costs US$49.95 and comes with a travel case. Logitech says the speaker has up to eight hours of battery life and charges over USB. If you're OK with toting around an extra accessory, or you're looking for a compact iPad speaker for work or road trips, this is worth considering for your holiday wish list.
The Logitech Tablet Speaker is currently available for preorder.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update