Daily iPhone App: Spy Mouse
Firemint Games' latest title is finally out for iOS, and the early reviews are great. I played a prototype of this game over a year ago, and it's been through a few big revisions since then. But the same gameplay I saw in the very beginning is still there and as polished as it's going to get. Spy Mouse turned out to be a great game.
The basic idea is you control a mouse chasing after cheese by line-drawing around a level. But there's lots of fun gameplay devices to play with, including pouncing cats, gadgets, powerups, and lots of other tweaks and tricks. Perhaps most importantly, the gameplay is like butter -- the graphics are bright and colorful, the spy music soundtrack is as delicious as the cheese you're chasing, and every bit of the gameplay is well-thought out and intuitive.
Spy Mouse is a great title, and definitely a bargain. It's a little disappointing to see that there's no Game Center integration at launch (achievements would be terrific). Each level has three different goals to go after, and there are six whole worlds to play through, so there's lots of gameplay anyway. Spy Mouse has more than enough to justify the US$0.99 launch price. Definitely pick this one up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options