Daily iPhone App: Spy Mouse
Firemint Games' latest title is finally out for iOS, and the early reviews are great. I played a prototype of this game over a year ago, and it's been through a few big revisions since then. But the same gameplay I saw in the very beginning is still there and as polished as it's going to get. Spy Mouse turned out to be a great game.
The basic idea is you control a mouse chasing after cheese by line-drawing around a level. But there's lots of fun gameplay devices to play with, including pouncing cats, gadgets, powerups, and lots of other tweaks and tricks. Perhaps most importantly, the gameplay is like butter -- the graphics are bright and colorful, the spy music soundtrack is as delicious as the cheese you're chasing, and every bit of the gameplay is well-thought out and intuitive.
Spy Mouse is a great title, and definitely a bargain. It's a little disappointing to see that there's no Game Center integration at launch (achievements would be terrific). Each level has three different goals to go after, and there are six whole worlds to play through, so there's lots of gameplay anyway. Spy Mouse has more than enough to justify the US$0.99 launch price. Definitely pick this one up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update