Final Cut Studio back on sale, Final Cut Pro X haters rejoice (Updated)
Update: Apple tells The Loop that this is basically leftover stock. So, buy it now or forever enjoy the progress of FCP X, for better or worse.
For those users who've decided Final Cut Pro X just isn't for them (and by the sounds of things, quite a lot of people feel that way), there's now hope. According to MacRumors, Apple is once again offering the legacy version of Final Cut Studio for sale, though Apple is being remarkably coy about it. The software suite isn't available on Apple's site or in its retail stores; reportedly the only way to order Final Cut Studio is by calling 800-MY-APPLE and requesting it.
Final Cut Studio is available for US$999 ($899 with an educational discount) and includes Final Cut Pro 7, Motion 4, Soundtrack Pro 3, DVD Studio Pro 4, Color 1.5 and Compressor 3.5. Over the past few months professional users have voiced their displeasure with Final Cut Studio's abrupt discontinuation after Final Cut Pro X's debut, particularly given that many users feel the new version of Final Cut does not meet their needs.
There's no indication how long Apple intends to keep the old version of Final Cut Studio alive and kicking, so if you've found Final Cut Pro X doesn't suit you, you might want to jump on Final Cut Studio (if you haven't already) before Apple changes its mind again.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options