This iPad Smart Cover-inspired iPhone keyboard looks like a winner
The idea behind this is so brilliant that it's a wonder it wasn't developed sooner: Jing Yang of eico Motion Lab in China has created the Smart Keyboard, what he bills as the world's thinnest keyboard for the iPhone.
It's based on the concept behind the iPad 2 Smart Covers. Roll the keyboard onto the screen when you want to use it, then roll it back off when you're done. Like the Smart Cover, it attaches to the bottom of an iPhone with magnets and can be used as a stand.
This hasn't been developed beyond a concept video yet, but check it out below to see the potential. This would be a fantastic Kickstarter project. You can follow any project updates via SmartKeyboard on Twitter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free