This iPad Smart Cover-inspired iPhone keyboard looks like a winner
The idea behind this is so brilliant that it's a wonder it wasn't developed sooner: Jing Yang of eico Motion Lab in China has created the Smart Keyboard, what he bills as the world's thinnest keyboard for the iPhone.
It's based on the concept behind the iPad 2 Smart Covers. Roll the keyboard onto the screen when you want to use it, then roll it back off when you're done. Like the Smart Cover, it attaches to the bottom of an iPhone with magnets and can be used as a stand.
This hasn't been developed beyond a concept video yet, but check it out below to see the potential. This would be a fantastic Kickstarter project. You can follow any project updates via SmartKeyboard on Twitter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs