You're the Pundit: Should Apple build a TV?
Other sites have rumors and speculation. We have the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is the Apple TV. The one with glass and buttons, not the tiny black box.
Some people believe passionately that this is a market that Apple is perfectly poised to jump into. With its iMac success, Apple has shown that they understand display technology and can build an HDTV to die for.
Architectural glass, impossibly thin bezel, 5x brighter with more contrast than a similar Sony. Are these the measures that Apple can bring to the table? And how about integration with your iOS device as a remote? Or maybe we'll see Kinect-like gestures?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your predictions.
|There is no way Apple will build a TV.||1588 (18.9%)|
|Of course they will. This is the new consumer Apple.||3624 (43.0%)|
|I am not convinced.||3007 (35.7%)|
|Something else. I will tell you in the comments.||202 (2.4%)|
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter