You're the Pundit: Should Apple build a TV?
Other sites have rumors and speculation. We have the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is the Apple TV. The one with glass and buttons, not the tiny black box.
Some people believe passionately that this is a market that Apple is perfectly poised to jump into. With its iMac success, Apple has shown that they understand display technology and can build an HDTV to die for.
Architectural glass, impossibly thin bezel, 5x brighter with more contrast than a similar Sony. Are these the measures that Apple can bring to the table? And how about integration with your iOS device as a remote? Or maybe we'll see Kinect-like gestures?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your predictions.
|There is no way Apple will build a TV.||1588 (18.9%)|
|Of course they will. This is the new consumer Apple.||3624 (43.0%)|
|I am not convinced.||3007 (35.7%)|
|Something else. I will tell you in the comments.||202 (2.4%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options