Daily iPhone App: Frogger Decades
Everybody knows Frogger, right? 30 (!) years ago, Frogger jumped into the arcades and became one of the most popular arcade titles of all time, and now Konami has released a new version of the game on the iOS platform. It's not exactly the same as the old game (the graphics are in 3D now, and you're looking at the frog at an angle rather than from directly above), but the same obstacles and gameplay are here, as you advance a little frog up through a series of roads and byways, all while avoiding cars, spikes, and anything else that gets in your way.
The controls are a little goofy at times, though there are two choices, depending on if you want to try touch-based controls or more traditional virtual buttons. The only real disappointment with the game is that as far as I could tell, there's no way to actually play the old arcade version; that would have been a really nice extra to seal the deal.
Otherwise, Frogger Decades is a nice package that will evoke some of the old hop-and-jump gameplay that's made this one so popular. It's currently available as a universal app for US$1.99 on the App Store now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration