Sales of Adobe video tools grow, thanks to Final Cut X
Final Cut Pro X launched earlier this year and casued much controversy. Consumers lauded the app as a relatively inexpensive upgrade to iMovie; while video professionals were discontent with what they considered to be a dumbed down application.
The biggest winner in this war over Final Cut Pro X is not Apple or Apple fans, but Adobe. According to The Loop, sales of Adobe video editing tools have jumped 22% year over year and demand for Adobe's Mac products have grown an impressive 45%. Much of this growth is attributed to customers switching from Final Cut Pro X to Adobe Premiere Pro, says Adobe.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration