Sales of Adobe video tools grow, thanks to Final Cut X
Final Cut Pro X launched earlier this year and casued much controversy. Consumers lauded the app as a relatively inexpensive upgrade to iMovie; while video professionals were discontent with what they considered to be a dumbed down application.
The biggest winner in this war over Final Cut Pro X is not Apple or Apple fans, but Adobe. According to The Loop, sales of Adobe video editing tools have jumped 22% year over year and demand for Adobe's Mac products have grown an impressive 45%. Much of this growth is attributed to customers switching from Final Cut Pro X to Adobe Premiere Pro, says Adobe.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station