Belkin previews Thunderbolt dock at IDF
You love the idea of port replication off your high-speed Thunderbolt port, but you haven't got a cool grand lying around to put towards a brand-new Apple display. Yes, we know, first-world problem of the highest order; fortunately, though, it looks like Belkin will soon be coming to your aid.
The accessory company merited a spot in a Thunderbolt display case at the Intel Developer Forum with its unannounced and not-yet-scheduled Thunderbolt Express Dock, where Daily Tech spotted it. With a Gigabit Ethernet jack, passthrough Thunderbolt, three USB ports and one Firewire 800 port, it should provide enough additional connectivity to make anyone feel more jacked in.
Unfortunately, as with most things Thunderbolt, we don't know when you'll be able to buy it or how much it will cost.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options