MS Office 2011 14.1.3 update patches some Lion-related issues
Microsoft has issued an update to Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 with a bushel of bug fixes, outlined below. Installing the update (available at the link above) requires you to be running Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later.
Improvements for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011
- Office documents open in all browsers
- This update resolves an issue that causes Office documents not to open in certain browsers.
- Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011
- Stability is improved in PowerPoint
- This update fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint to close unexpectedly. This issue occurs when you press the Command and Tab keys to open another application when you are in Presenter view.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
- Stability is improved in Excel
- This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to close unexpectedly in the following situations:
- When you move worksheets to a new worksheet or workbook.
- When you save some files.
Improvements for Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
- Citation options in Dutch appear correctly.
- This update fixes an issue that causes the Dutch version of Word to change the citation options to English after you install Office for Mac 2011 14.1 Service Pack 1.
- PivotTable field setting enabled.
- This update enables the PivotTable field setting Show Items with no data.
Improvements for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Contact images display in the Contacts Search box
- This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook not to display contact images in the Contacts Search box.
- Import from Apple Mail is disabled in Outlook on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- This update disables the option to import from Apple Mail in Outlook because it does not work as expected in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- The "Remove from View" option is enabled for shared calendars
- This update fixes an issue that occurs when the user adds shared calendars and opens the contextual menu for the shared calendar. The Remove from View option is disabled from the contextual menu.
- Free/busy information for Exchange 2003-based mailboxes displays correctly
- This update fixes an issues that causes the display of free/busy information for Exchange 2003-based mailboxes to be off by one hour when scheduling a meeting.
- Time zone information is updated
- This update provides updated time zone information.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements