Sony releases its first iPad dock
Sony has announced its first speaker docking station for the iPad. The RDP-X500IP dock, which is also compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch, features Magnetic Fluid speakers that deliver, according to Sony, higher sound pressure with less distortion than traditional speakers. The RDP-X500IP also has an accompanying free app, D-Sappli, which enables the user to set a timer to their music, allowing them to turn it on or off at a predetermined time.
For those of you who want to get your hands on one, you'll have to wait until the start shipping on October 2nd, but you can pre-order them today from Sony's site for US$299.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options