Apple now shipping Thunderbolt displays
Apple is shipping its new Apple Thunderbolt Displays. The displays were first introduced on July 20 when Apple said they would begin shipping in 60 days. Today AppleInsider reported that some of its readers have been notified that their units have shipped. That shouldn't come as too much as a surprise, however, as just last week the displays were reportedly shipped out to Apple retail stores and resellers.
The new display is similar to Apple's earlier Cinema LED Displays, but now comes in only one size -- 27-inches -- and includes a Thunderbolt port that lets you connect your Thunderbolt-equipped hardware. Besides a Thunderbolt port, the new display includes a FaceTime HD video camera, a 2.1 speaker system, integrated MagSafe charger, three USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port, and one Gigabit Ethernet port. The cost of the Thunderbolt Display is US$999.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options