Apple now shipping Thunderbolt displays
Apple is shipping its new Apple Thunderbolt Displays. The displays were first introduced on July 20 when Apple said they would begin shipping in 60 days. Today AppleInsider reported that some of its readers have been notified that their units have shipped. That shouldn't come as too much as a surprise, however, as just last week the displays were reportedly shipped out to Apple retail stores and resellers.
The new display is similar to Apple's earlier Cinema LED Displays, but now comes in only one size -- 27-inches -- and includes a Thunderbolt port that lets you connect your Thunderbolt-equipped hardware. Besides a Thunderbolt port, the new display includes a FaceTime HD video camera, a 2.1 speaker system, integrated MagSafe charger, three USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port, and one Gigabit Ethernet port. The cost of the Thunderbolt Display is US$999.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options