Chitika: Mac OS X market share jumps in September
Chitika Insights grabs online advertising data to monitor and report on Internet trends, one of which is the market share of various computer operating systems. There was a surprise reported for Mac OS X in the latest report -- the market share for Apple's desktop/laptop OS climbed 1.039% from 9.6% to 10.6% in the month of September.
That may not sound like much, but consider that a sustained increase over a full year would have Mac OS X gaining another 12% of the OS market. Of course, that's unlikely to happen, but it's good to see that the release of Lion propelled OS X adoption by a significant amount in just one month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs