Chitika: Mac OS X market share jumps in September
Chitika Insights grabs online advertising data to monitor and report on Internet trends, one of which is the market share of various computer operating systems. There was a surprise reported for Mac OS X in the latest report -- the market share for Apple's desktop/laptop OS climbed 1.039% from 9.6% to 10.6% in the month of September.
That may not sound like much, but consider that a sustained increase over a full year would have Mac OS X gaining another 12% of the OS market. Of course, that's unlikely to happen, but it's good to see that the release of Lion propelled OS X adoption by a significant amount in just one month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration