Chitika: Mac OS X market share jumps in September
Chitika Insights grabs online advertising data to monitor and report on Internet trends, one of which is the market share of various computer operating systems. There was a surprise reported for Mac OS X in the latest report -- the market share for Apple's desktop/laptop OS climbed 1.039% from 9.6% to 10.6% in the month of September.
That may not sound like much, but consider that a sustained increase over a full year would have Mac OS X gaining another 12% of the OS market. Of course, that's unlikely to happen, but it's good to see that the release of Lion propelled OS X adoption by a significant amount in just one month.
The market share for Apple's desktop/laptop OS climbed 1.039% from 9.6% to 10.6% in the month of September
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs