Disney to pair iPad, physical toys with new games
Disney is working on a new game system that'll pair physical toys with the iPad. Called Disney Appmates, the first example of these toys will use the characters from the Disney/Pixar movie Cars 2. The cars will interact with the iPad surface presumably using a capacitive interface and the iPad will display a moving track that responds to the car's input.
In the game, the child guides the car across a virtual track; skidding across the mud, knocking over buildings and interacting with bystanders on the side of the road. As you would expect, the game is designed for the younger crowd. Children six and under who like cars, racing and hitting things should enjoy it.
The game will launch with four vehicles including Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell. Cars will be sold in packs of two for $20 and will unlock different game content. Disney will begin selling Appmates starting October 1 in both the Apple Store and the Disney Store.
Disney is working on a new game system that'll pair physical toys with the iPad. Called Disney Appmates, the first example of these toys...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements