Untappd releases iOS app, out now
As you may already know, I am a big fan of the hops, barley and yeast drink that's the world's oldest alcoholic beverage -- that's right, beer. And I've always been intrigued by the idea of Untappd, a social network built around sharing and discussing all of the various varieties and microbrews of beer out there. But of course no social network is complete without a mobile app that allows users to update while out and about, and that's exactly what Untappd's new iOS app does.
You can of course track and rate the various beers you're drinking and buying, and because it's all social, friends can see what you're tasting and share what they're tasting as well. Everything is of course geotagged (so you and a group can conquer the same bar's draughts, even if you're not there all together), and there are even badges to earn in the app itself. I'm sure a lot of badges were earned this weekend at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver.
I really like the look and feel of the app, and while we've seen this kind of thing tried before, Untappd seems to have another thing all strong social networks need: an actual network of people to follow. If you're also a fan of the pint and the brew, definitely check it out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature