Apple TV authorization outages affect paid content
According to numerous TUAW tipsters, Apple TV's authorization servers appear to have been affected this weekend. They have been providing only intermittent access to paid DRM'ed content and Home Sharing features.
Users report error messages preventing them from accessing and playing back content: "Authorization is required. To play this content on your Apple TV, choose Authorize This Computer from the Store menu in iTunes on your computer, then enter the Apple ID and password used for the purchase."
If your Apple TV unit is affected, you are not alone. TUAW has received many user complaints and links to sites where frustrated customers have gathered. Apple's KB support posts do not appear to be helping customers resolve these issues.
Were you affected by this outage? Drop a note into the comments and let us know your situation.
According to numerous TUAW tipsters, Apple TV's authorization servers appear to have been affected this weekend. They have been...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free