Apple iPod and iTunes continue to dominate the music industry
Apple unveiled the iPod ten years ago and revolutionized the music industry, says Tim Cook during Apple's iPhone keynote. The mp3 player still dominates with over 70% market share, a figure that has slowly killed off its competition. Since its introduction Apple has sold over 330 million units worldwide, 45 million of which were sold from July 2010 to June 2011.
And the iTunes music store is equally as dominant. In the eight years since it was introduced, Apple's music library has grown from 200,000 songs to over 200 million. It's the #1 music store with over 16 billion downloads and with the success of the iPhone and iPad, these numbers are projected to grow even larger.
Apple unveiled the iPod ten years ago and revolutionized the music industry, says Tim Cook during Apple's iPhone keynote. The mp3...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free