Apple iPod and iTunes continue to dominate the music industry
Apple unveiled the iPod ten years ago and revolutionized the music industry, says Tim Cook during Apple's iPhone keynote. The mp3 player still dominates with over 70% market share, a figure that has slowly killed off its competition. Since its introduction Apple has sold over 330 million units worldwide, 45 million of which were sold from July 2010 to June 2011.
And the iTunes music store is equally as dominant. In the eight years since it was introduced, Apple's music library has grown from 200,000 songs to over 200 million. It's the #1 music store with over 16 billion downloads and with the success of the iPhone and iPad, these numbers are projected to grow even larger.
Apple unveiled the iPod ten years ago and revolutionized the music industry, says Tim Cook during Apple's iPhone keynote. The mp3...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements