Software update brings new features to 2010 iPod nano
Although it's not on Apple's support site yet, Macstories reports that a software update is available for the 6th generation (2010) iPod nano, updating the software to version 1.2 with the following features:
- Easier navigation with two icon sizes
- Fitness feature with built-in accelerometer that's easier to set for running or walking. This works out of the box or with the Nike + iPod sport kit.
- Additional clock faces
These were all features announced for the refreshed iPod nano line at today's event. The update is available via Software Update if you own a 6th-generation nano and is expected to be available through the support site soon.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter