Daily iPhone App: Katamari Amore
Na naaaaa na na na na na na na, na na na na na naaaa! Odds are that by now, you've played a Katamari game, and you know the deal: Roll a ball around, pick up stuff, make the ball bigger, and pick up more stuff. That's what Katamari Amore is, and you won't find anything really new here. The music is the same, a lot of the items are the same, and with the exception of some more nonsensical words of wisdom from the King, the story is pretty much the same.
That being said, this is still a really fun game to play, and though the controls on the iPhone (and iPad) are not quite as precise as those on the original console game, rolling around and picking things up is still a good time. And if you've never played one of these games, you won't really find a cheaper way into the series: Katamari Amore is on the App Store for free, and if you like the Time Trial mode (sadly the only available mode in the free version), you can open up the rest of the game for $3.99.
The full game has 17 missions and six endless modes, so you can roll that ball for as long as you want. If you really love Katamari, you'll probably get your kicks out of this one, and while this probably isn't the absolute best introduction to the series for newcomers (I'm still partial to the original game on the PS2), it's a pretty easy way to try it out. Royal Rainbow!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter