Official cause of death for Steve Jobs released
Bloomberg reports that official details of Steve Jobs's death have been released. Jobs died at home at approximately 3 P.M. local time on October 5. The official cause of death: respiratory arrest brought about by his pancreatic tumor. Most of us assumed that was the case, but this is one time we all wish we'd been wrong.
Apple was reportedly aware of Steve's condition and notified local police days in advance. The empty "reserved" seat during Apple's latest event and presenters' somewhat somber demeanors seem to show that executives were aware of Steve's decline. The fact that they were able to put on the presentation anyway, and that it's only in hindsight that we realize what they must have all been going through, strikes me as evidence that Apple is in very capable hands indeed.
Steve Jobs's occupation on his death certificate was listed as "entrepreneur." That doesn't even begin to cover it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service