Aperture 3.2 adds iCloud integration, photo stream
Apple's pro photography app, Aperture, has been updated to version 3.2. The latest version changes all Aperture's references to MobileMe into iCloud integration instead. It also introduces support for Photo Stream, which allows photos taken on iOS devices to automatically sync to all of your registered devices via iCloud.
Aperture 3.2 also comes with a load of bug fixes, detailed below:
- Resolves an issue that could cause the "Loading" indicator to reappear in the Viewer when cropping a photo
- Aperture now automatically relaunches into Full Screen mode if the application was in Full Screen mode when last quit
- Pinch-to-zoom gesture now automatically activates Zoom mode in the Viewer
- Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in the Viewer
- Microsoft Outlook can now be chosen in Preferences as the application used by Aperture for emailing photos
- Fixes a problem that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to quit unexpectedly when using brushes to apply adjustments
- Loupe now correctly displays magnification levels between 50-100%.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to display the incorrect color profile on externally edited images
- Import window now includes an option to delete photos from iPhone and iPad after they have been imported into Aperture
- The Lift & Stamp tool now displays the correct cursor icons when being used in Split View and Viewer only mode
The Aperture update is available via the Mac App Store if you bought it there. If you bought Aperture on disc, you can update via Software Update or direct download at Apple's support site. Note that due to the massive amount of software updates Apple has released today, Apple's support site's downloads page seems to be a bit unreliable at the moment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV