iZON webcam and iPhone catch a thief in the act
At the end of August, we ran a review of the Stem Innovations iZON Remote Room Monitor. It's a sleek little Wi-Fi webcam that looks like it was designed in Cupertino, and includes an iOS app for setup and monitoring of the device. The iZON can be triggered by motion in a room, and then send video up to a private YouTube account for you to view. That iZON feature was recently used by a woman from Boynton Beach, Florida to catch a burglar (a neighbor) who was stealing her medication.
The woman thought someone was taking prescription drugs from her, so she purchased an iZON, set it up with her iZON, and captured video of her neighbor entering her condo and taking the drugs. The victim called the local police, and with the help of the iZON video, they were able to arrest the perpetrator.
It's a very cool story about an innovative product that the elderly victim was able to set up and use without assistance: a testament to the ease of use of iOS and the iZON device and software. Enjoy the video clip below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync