Twelve South's PlugBug solves all your charging needs
We've appreciated TwelveSouth's work before -- the BookBook especially has earned some praise from various members of the TUAW staff. But I definitely like this new item, called the PlugBug. Yes, it's a standard charger, designed to combine both your iPhone or iPad and your MacBook (Air, standard, or Pro) into one outlet. There are a few devices that will do that, including, you know, just a usual power strip.
But I really like the look of this one, and the fact that it seamlessly combines with all of Apple's usual cords and hardware. That top red part is essentially a USB charger (which is helpful -- I've had to use the wall chargers much more often since picking up my iPad, especially while traveling), and then of course that bottom part above is just the usual MacBook charger, with the wall plug segment pulled off (note that the PlugBug only includes the red part, not the MagSafe charger itself). I like it -- simple, easy to use, and as versatile as I need it for charging while on a trip. The PlugBug is available for $34.99 right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs