Daily Mac App: Muscle System Pro II
Back in March I raved about 3D 4 Medical's Muscle System Pro II iPad app. It's a photo-realistic 3D atlas of the human body that allows the user to navigate through layers of muscles with the touch of their finger. The app is so good it's found a foothold among must-have apps at medical school across the country. For those of you who work or study in the medical fields, or just have an interest in anatomy, I'm happy to say that 3D 4 Medical has now brought Muscle System Pro II to the Mac.
Like its iPad brother, Muscle System Pro II for Mac allows users to look up 433 of the major muscles in the human body. Users can tap on a muscle's pin to get more information about the muscle, such as its origin, insertion, and action. Particularly helpful for students is that the app allows you to insert your own pins into a muscle and make your own notes for each individual muscle. The app also offers an interactive quiz which tests the user's knowledge of muscular anatomy.
If you're a fan of the iPad app, be sure to check out the Mac version. The 3D models look absolutely amazing on a 27 inch iMac display and its just nice to be able to access a powerful research and study tool on any device of your choice. Muscle System Pro II for Mac is US$19.99 in the Mac App Store. For users interested in anatomy, 3D 4 Medical has also brought some of their other iPad apps to the Mac platform, including Skeletal System Pro II, Brain Pro, and Heart Pro.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature