Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me find a cognitive behavioral therapy app
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I'm the dad of a high-needs child. We're doing cognitive behavioral therapy with him. Is there an app you can recommend that will help me track day-to-day progress on specific goals, and help my boy work towards rewards?
I'm looking for an app that can show progress over time and that can work with multiple goals. One that's geared towards CBT would be ideal.
Thanks in advance!
Your loving nephew,
We reviewed CBT Referee ($4.99) a couple of years ago here on TUAW. It's not exactly the kind of progress app that you're talking about, more about evaluating one's thought process, so we kept on looking further.
Auntie and the TUAW crew searched the App Store but failed to find any other app we could strongly recommend. We took a brief look at "Gold Stars" ($0.99) but found it too flaky to use. It seems to have a lot of the right ideas, but kept crashing as we tested it out. It probably hasn't been updated recently.
So Auntie decided to turn over the search to her TUAW braintrust of nieces and nephews. Do you have any apps to recommend for Dave? One that helps do daily progress tracking, with user-defined goals?
Hugs and thanks,
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs